Dabo Swinney addressed the media after practice and talked the hot competition at a number of spots so far...
QB, RT battles fully underway
'Wide-open' race at quarterback
* Clemson coach Dabo Swinney lauded the "edge" and "sense of urgency" in the early practices setting up for scrimmages after spring break.
Clemson practice report - 3/10
Tigers 'thud' in great conditions
* Swinney says there's a legitimate competition between the three QBs of Cole Stoudt, Deshaun Watson and Chad Kelly. Swinney says he's hesitating to name any early leaders while he looks for the consistency from an "elite" group.
* Swinney says early enrollee wide receivers Demarre Kitt, Artavis Scott and Kyrin Priester have been everything they were hyped to be early.
* Swinney said the running back competition is wide open, but D.J. Howard has had his best four practices in a row he's seen. Former walk-on C.J. Davidson is also impressing and is a legit contender for starting. Davidson said he's faster than junior Zac Brooks after practice Monday, but Swinney likes his toughness as well.
* The Tigers are in pretty good shape injury-wise outside of a minor finger injury for redshirt freshman linebacker Dorian O'Daniel.
* Junior linebacker Tony Steward says he's feeling 100 percent in his knee and Swinney said he's ready to see him compete for the starting job. He's had "toughness about him that most young people don't have."
* Swinney says walk-on running back Kurt Fleming is still learning coming back to the game after four years of playing baseball, but he's a "bull in a china shop" on the field.
* Other standouts early have been WRs Daniel Rodriguez, Seth Ryan and Adrien Dunn.