When NC State visits Clemson's Death Valley on Oct. 4, the Wolfpack will be venturing outside Carter-Finley Stadium for just the second time of the 2014 season.
It doesn't mean that Coach Dave Doeren's young team won't be battle-tested, however.
The weekend before, State will open its ACC schedule at home against defending national champion Florida State.
That game will come on the heels of four straight out-of-conference games that should provide ample opportunity for building confidence, including home matchups against Georgia Southern, Old Dominion and Presbyterian, and a trip to South Florida
Overall, NC State will play five of its first seven games at Carter-Finley Stadium. Tthe Wolfpack will face seven bowl teams and three teams that finished the 2013 campaign ranked in the top 15, as Doeren’s squad will play Louisville on the road, in addition to FSU and Clemson.
The Pack will open the season at home on Aug. 30 versus Georgia Southern and will close the 2014 regular season with a Thanksgiving weekend trip to Chapel Hill to take on UNC
Wolfpack Schedule Notes
• The Wolfpack will face seven teams that appeared in bowl games last season, including two that won BCS bowls (Florida State and Clemson).
• State will be on the road at new conference member Louisville on Oct. 18 and has an open date during the State Fair, which will run Oct. 16-26.
• NC State will open the season with Georgia Southern. In the Eagles’ last game of 2013, they defeated the University of Florida, 26-20.
• The Wolfpack will have open dates before two key ACC road games: versus Syracuse and North Carolina.
• Homecoming will be the Georgia Tech game on Nov. 8.