Tiger football moves into pre-fall mode this week with interviews, All-In Cookout

Dabo Swinney's Ladies Clinic, ACC Football Kickoff on next weekend's schedule

Football - Dabo Swinney's 2013 annual media golf outing at The Reserve

Football - Dabo Swinney's 2013 annual media golf outing at The Reserve

It may still be hot and humid, but it's not summer any more.

The Clemson football program switches full-speed into pre-fall mode this week, first with Tuesday's media day with Tiger coaches, followed by Friday's All-In Cookout and Saturday's Dabo Swinney Ladies Clinic, and then Sunday and on into the following week with the ACC Football Kickoff at Greensboro, North Carolina.

The All-In Cookout has become a key date on Clemson's recruiting calendar.

Clemson recruiting coordinator Jeff Scott said last summer that the event is a chance to reconnect with prospects - committed and uncommitted - before both players and coaches dive into their respective seasons. He said the event came into existence because the coaches felt that a post-camp, mid-summer event would be helpful both in opening doors and solidifying recruiting relationships.

"We felt like we wanted an additional opportunity," said Scott. "We work hard to get these guys here during summer camp - that's been a niche that we've had - but we also felt like we needed something in July to get them back one more time before they get started with their seasons and we get started with ours.

"I think one of the things that separates Clemson is the family-type atmosphere, and we felt like a cookout and barbeque is something that families do together, and that it really fits our coaching staff and environment and team. It was really successful last year and we're expecting it to be again."

Most of the players currently committed to Clemson's 2015 class are expected to be on hand, as well as a handful of remaining uncommitted prospects and 2016 targets.

Jessie Thompson joins football recruiting staff: Jessie Thomason joined the football staff in a full time capacity as Recruiting Operations Coordinator, Dabo Swinney announced.

In her new role, Thomason will manage the recruiting mailouts, coordinate special recruiting events, handle administrative duties of the recruiting department and coordinate logistics of unofficial and official visits.

Thomason previously served as a student assistant in the football recruiting office from 2010-2013 and as an intern following her graduation in December 2013.

"Jessie is a tireless and organized worker with a great passion for making Clemson football better," Director of Football Recruiting and External Affairs Thad Turnipseed said. "She's already done a remarkable job both as a student and intern, and we're excited to have her join the team full time."

A native of Greenwood, South Carolina, graduated with a degree in psychology and a 3.76 grade point average. During her academic career, she earned a spot of the President's List three times and Dean's List on four occasions.

Follow Kerry Capps on Twitter @oandwkc

less talk, less statistics, more fundamentals, maybe real tackling, real locking,............my HS and Clemson coaches would have kicked me all over the field for some of the sloppiness one sees these days

robtthetiger44#293707 writes:

When you cook outside on a grill it is barbequing. A lot of people don't understand the meaning of the word. Grilling out is bbqing. You may or may not put some kind of sauce of your meat. BBQed chicken means it is cooked out side on a grill or on the ground I suppose. When you put sauce on it then you have BBQed chicken with BBQ sauce on it. I recommend Sweet Baby Rays. It's pretty good and any grocery store sells it. Some people make pretty good BBQ sauce themselves but Sweet Baby Rays is pretty good. I like a mustard and vinegar based sauce on pork but more of a sweet sauce on chicken.

BlueRidgeBengal writes:

I respectfully disagree Rob. Grilling is high heat with shortened cook times i.e. burgers and dogs. Barbecuing is lower and slower for ribs and Boston butts.

robtthetiger44#293707 writes:

in response to 33dtb:

When I was in the 10th grade in high school and played on the varsity team, during practice almost everyday it felt like I had a broken neck because one of the coaches was always grabbing me by the face mask and shaking my head all over the place telling me to get it right. Act like that these days and you won't have a job and 45 years ago it was very normal for a coach to cuss you and beat the you know what out of you for messing up. I still was a starter in the 10th grade. It was fun and when I found out what Budweiser taste like I lost interest in football and transferred it to the "Spanish Galleon" in N. Myrtle Beach. It was a very famous bar back in those days in Ocean Drive.

robtthetiger44#293707 writes:

Let me clarity something I said in the above comment. When I say cuss, I didn't mean they cussed you like you were in a bar on the water front or anything like that. But bad words were used more often way back then and getting slapped up side your head was normal. The way it is now if a coach acts harshly to one of the players and the player acts like a little child and calls his mommy, who calls the AD, it's bye, bye coach. I do not advocate hitting anyone but it's football and a little tough love goes a long way. Please don't misconstrue the intent or meaning of my prior comment. But what I said was exactly like it happened back in 1968 on my high school team. At this point in Clemson football history, Dabo has put us in a position of nation respect with a football team generally speaking can back it up on the field. Dabo is like a 4 star General and the coordinators are like 2 or maybe 3 star Generals. Dabo put this coaching staff together and the asst. coaches have done magic. No matter what the results of this season winds up being, as long as we beat the "Lamecocks" just think how good we will be with what we have now and with the players coming. We have a good thing going right now and all Clemson fans need to support the team and what they do, whether we win, lose or draw. They deserve it.

robtthetiger44#293707 writes:

If anybody out there gives a "hoot" there are 1126 hours left until the kickoff to the GA game. That's calculating it from 1 p.m. Monday, August 14. I didn't check my math so I could be off by an hour or so but I think I have it right on the number. 1126 hours 'till kickoff. That's not very much time to get ready to go down there and come back home with a piece of their field and a lot of their blood on our uniforms.