Clemson 2014 football season tickets sold out

Death Valley Decibels reach 101 decibels, and at times 105, during the fourth quarter against Georgia at Memorial Stadium in Clemson, S.C.

Photo by Ken Ruinard

CLEMSON, S.C. – The Clemson athletic ticket office announced today it has exhausted its supply of season tickets for the Tigers’ seven-game 2014 football home schedule and has now begun the sale of single-game tickets for all home games other than the South Carolina season finale.

“It’s always tremendous to see the passion of the Clemson family and their excitement for the upcoming season,” director of athletics Dan Radakovich said. “We thank each of our IPTAY donors and our season ticket purchasers for their contributions and support and we’re all looking forward to Coach Swinney and our Tigers having another exciting season in Death Valley.”

With a renewal rate of over 90 percent and 4,500 new season tickets sold, Clemson has eclipsed 2013 season ticket numbers by more than 1,000. The Tigers play seven home games this fall, kicking off Sept. 6 against South Carolina State.

Single game tickets are available online at ClemsonTigers.com, via phone at 1-800-CLEMSON or in person at the athletic ticket office located in the IPTAY Center at Memorial Stadium.

robtthetiger44#293707 writes:

Brandon: How many season tickets did they sell. I want to know numbers not just they have sold out. How many were sold?

BrandonRink writes:

in response to robtthetiger44#293707:

Doesn't appear Clemson discloses that info.

Xander5000 writes:

Does sold out mean no seats at all available?
Does sold out me I can't get one from a scalper?

BrandonRink writes:

in response to Xander5000:

Does sold out mean no seats at all available?
Does sold out me I can't get one from a scalper?

Just means that you can't buy season tickets through the school now. There will still be your secondary market tickets available and single-game tickets through the school as well.

clemvol writes:

in response to Xander5000:

Does sold out mean no seats at all available?
Does sold out me I can't get one from a scalper?

Does that also mean that a season a ticket holder or holders will re-sell on stubhub or some other way or a company or corporation will do the same?

robtthetiger44#293707 writes:

Brandon: They may not disclose that info now days but they use to gladly tell people how many they sold. I will call someone in the Athletic Dept. today and if they know I will post it on this site.
They use to always make that info public. Why would they keep it a secret. One way to figure it out is to find out how many single game tickets are for sale and do the math and that will get you real close to the actual number sold. Thanks.

BrandonRink writes:

in response to robtthetiger44#293707:

CU spokesman told AP it was over 52,000 season tickets sold.

tigerteez writes:

in response to BrandonRink:

CU spokesman told AP it was over 52,000 season tickets sold.

52000 seems low to me. If you allow 10000 for SC game and 14000 for students, that puts you at 76000, or 5000 under capacity. It's possible some seats have been removed from availability for season ticket sales so that they can be used in promotions.

I know that we have sold up to 60000 season tickets back in the heydays of the late 80's - early 90's.