The Clemson women’s basketball team opens its home ACC slate against Georgia Tech (10-4, 0-1 ACC) on Wednesday at 7 p.m. at Littlejohn Coliseum.
Clemson (8-7, 0-1 ACC) is calling for fans to help “Pack the House” in the game, as fans will receive admission for just $3. Additionally, the first 500 students will receive free solid orange gloves.
The game will be broadcast on TigerCast and on radio at WCCP 104.9 FM.
Clemson is 42-28 all-time against the Jackets, but has not beaten Tech since the 2009 ACC Tournament. The Tigers hold a 22-11 all-time in Littlejohn Coliseum.
The Tigers have five players on the roster from the Atlanta area, and head coach Audra Smith is also a Georgia native.
Clemson has four players averaging 8.8 points per game or more, led by Nikki Dixon at 10.3 per game. Quinyotta Pettaway (9.9 ppg, 7.0 rpg) is the leading rebounder, while Chelsea Lindsay holds the team lead with 52 assists and a 1.62 assist-turnover ratio.
• Clemson finished with winning record in non-conference play for the first time since 2009-10.
• Clemson AD Dan Radakovich formerly held the same post at Georgia Tech.
• Clemson's NCAA defensive rankings: FG% D (.374, 86th); scoring D (60.0 ppg, 54th); blks/gm (4.0, 83rd) & fouls/gm (17.1, 62nd)
• Clemson held No. 2 Notre Dame to 17.9 points below its season average on Sunday, and trailed by just four at halftime.
• Clemson is 6-0 this season when leading at half, and 6-0 when holding teams under 55 points.
• The Tigers' 47-point margin of victory against NJIT was the fifth best in school history on the road.
• The Tigers are 6th in the ACC with 14.7 turnovers per game.
• Four different Tigers have scored 20+ in a game this season.
• Clemson has shot .411 or higher in 4 of its last 5 games.
• Four Tigers have 10+ blocks this season.
• Nikki Dixon has scored 20+ in 2 of her last 3 games.
• Kelly Gramlich set a school record with 8 three-pointers made against SC State.
• Quinyotta Pettaway is 12th on Clemson's all-time rebounding list with 587.
• Chelsea Lindsay ranks third in the ACC with 33.9 minutes per game and has a 1.62 assist to turnover ratio.
• Jamison-Myers is averaging 13.5 points over last 2 home games.
• Clemson signed six players in the early recruiting period: Ivy Atkism (6-2 Post, Monroe, Ga.), Alexis Carter (5-7 PG, Tigard, Oregon), Shelbie Davenport (6-0 Wing, Murfreesboro, Tenn.), Makayla Johnson (6-3 Post, Columbia, S.C.), Daneesha Provo (5-11 Wing, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia), and Justice Wright (6-4 Post, Warner Robins, Ga.).