Seven players have made their Clemson debuts during the Tiger baseball team's first two weekends.
Freshman pitchers Alex Bostic, Wales Toney and Drew Moyer got into the action during Clemson's sweep of Maine, each with one appearance.
Freshmen Chris Okey, Eli White and Weston Wilson made their debuts in the opening series against Eastern Michigan, as did transfer Jake Long.
- Clemson swept Maine by a combined score of 28-7 over the weekend. The Tigers had a .371 batting average and 2.00 ERA in the series.
- Head Coach Jack Leggett recorded his 1,268th career win on Saturday, moving him into sole possession of 10th place in all-time victories by a head coach at a Division I school.
- In the Maine series, Garrett Boulware led the Tigers at the plate by going 6-for-10, while Tyler Krieger (5-for-9) and Tyler Slaton (7-for-13) also had strong series.
- Tiger pitchers combined for only four walks in the Maine series, two of which came in the last inning of Sunday's game.
- Clemson has four come-from-behind wins among its five total victories in 2014.
• Clemson leadoff batters of an inning have reached safely 50 percent of the time in 2014.
- Tiger pitchers have combined for five pickoffs in only six games.
- Jay Baum, Steven Duggar, and Tyler Krieger have hit safely in all six games in 2014. Duggar hit safely in the last nine games of 2013, meaning he is riding a 15-game hitting streak.
- Freshman Chris Okey leads the team in RBIs (10), while Boulware has nine.
- Krieger leads the Tigers at the plate with a .500 batting average, and is followed by Boulware at .429, and Baum, Duggar and Slaton at .333.
- The Tigers have been successful on 16 of 20 stolen base attempts, led by Duggar (5-for-5), Krieger (4-for-5) and Andrew Cox (3-for-4).
- Jon McGibbon leads the Tigers in walks with five, while Krieger has four.
- Clemson pitchers have struck out 50 batters and walked just eight so far this season. Opponents' pitchers have struck out 27 and walked 23.