Tigers move to No. 8 in BCS standings

The Clemson University Marching Band plays during the second quarter at Maryland.

Photo by Ken Ruinard

After Missouri's upset loss to the Gamecocks, Clemson moved to No. 8 in the new BCS standings, edging the SEC East Tigers by .059 (.669).

Stanford sits in fifth as the top one-loss team (.792), while Miami is just ahead of Clemson in 7th (.756).

As predicted by BCS pundits last week, Oregon jumped Florida State for No. 2 by .031.

BCS Polls & Clemson

Coaches: 8

Harris: 8

Computers: 10 (tied with Baylor)

rsb8931#286014 writes:

How bad do we have to play to drop in this thing? It sort of makes you wonder just how credible the thing is. I guess we showed a lot of grit by finally getting it together with our offense and for all intense and purpose we should have scored well into the 50 point range. I guess that's good enough to move us up.

kellytown writes:

I agree. We really looked bad. We really look bad.The team is just not ready to play or though it seems. Dabo you said we would beat Fla. State 5 out of 10 games we would be lucky to beat most teams in the ACC 5 out of 10. Looking ahead to the last game in November if we don;t get it together we will be lost 5 games to the coots and thats not good for you as a head coach!!! How his poll thing works is beyond me the way we have played the last month has been just plain UGLY we are lucky that these people who ranks these teams are not watching CLEMSON play obviously if so we would be ranked maybe in the 15-20. not in the top 10 because I know they are teams that are ranks below us that would take us out behind the wood shed a lay a can of whoop A on us if you know what i mean.

BrandonRink writes:

Clemson isn't playing great, but this is in context of the whole season and not just the last three games. It's also based on teams behind them not stepping up to the plate. Just over the last two weeks teams around Clemson that have lost include: UCLA (twice), Missouri (in excruciating fashion), Texas Tech, Louisville, South Carolina, LSU and Georgia.

The Tigers aren't playing great, but let's not act like anybody is surging forward deserving of their spot.

f8thwlk writes:

I was at the Maryland Game. Sat about five rows behind the Clemson bench. The players just seemed to be unconcerned. It did not look like confidence, it looked like indifference. It made me sick. I left the game shortly into the second half. Frankly I didnt care whether we won or lost. I guess I sat too close to the Clemson sideline and their attitude of indifference rubbed off on me.

BrandonRink writes:

in response to BrandonRink:

Forgot to add Texas A&M. It's quite a list. This is a weird year in college football. Three clear top-three teams (Alabama, Oregon, FSU), a couple interesting ones (Ohio State, Baylor, Fresno State) and a lot of even, inconsistent teams.

DahlonegaJoe writes:

This team needs improvement in several areas - particularly on the offense - and specifically more consistent O-Line performance. I think the team and coaches are vastly improved over the last several years - and we need to feed realistic but positive comments to them. GO TIGERS. LETS IMPROVE WEEK BY WEEK AND WIN EVERY WEEK NOW.

rsb8931#286014 writes:

Brandon is right. We are playing bad but are playing better than a lot of them. Everybody around us or close to us have got beat. And Miami is going down big time this week so we can move up some more. I tell you what folks. We best not lose the game on November 30. I remember very well the comment Dabo made last year the week prior to the SC game. He said it's just another game or something to those regards. No Dabo it's not just another game. He thinks it's ok to lose to SC as long as we win 10 games in a season. Well, it's not OK and we better not lose to them this year. Chad Morris would love the head coaching job at Clemson I would imagine. Think about that Dabo.

TigerFan95 writes:

Pesonally I'm tired of Dabo blowing smoke up my rear. He needs to be given a clear message. If you leave Columbia, SC without a win in November don't come back to Tiger Town. Get on I-20 and head back to Bama. I'll be happy to pack your stuff and forward it to your new address.

cuGIZ82 writes:

Wow...prior to Dabo becoming the head coach our Tigers had very few 10 win seasons and now he has them in position for a 3rd straight ten win season. I agree he has to put in a game plan that will lead to a win vs SC but we need to be realistic as fans. Do y'all want another Tommy? Bowden or West? We were winning 7-8 games a season, now 10 isn't good enough is laughable. Recruits know when a fan base isn't behind its coach and that will turn them off especially if the coach is winning.