Clemson Team Notes
* The game was the final meeting between Clemson and Maryland as ACC foes. The series ends with Clemson ahead, 34-26-2.
* Clemson won the toss, but deferred for the first time this year. Clemson had gotten the ball to start the game 17 straight games prior to Saturday.
* The victory was Clemson’s seventh consecutive away from home - the Tigers' longest winning streak away from home since a nine game winning streak from 1978-79.
* Clemson is 6-0 with Tajh Boyd as quarterback in games played on artificial surface.
* Clemson is now 38-3 when leading going into the fourth quarter under Dabo Swinney, and 21-0 over the last three years.
* This was Clemson’s 15th consecutive victory by double digits over an unranked opponent, second longest streak in the nation behind Alabama’s 25 game streak.
* Clemson had a player with at least 160 yards rushing (Rod McDowell) and a player with at least 160 yards receiving ( Sammy Watkins) in the same game for the first time in school history.
Clemson Individual Notes
* Tajh Boyd went over the 10,000 yard mark in passing yards and moved into second place on the ACC’s all-time passing yardage list. He entered the game with 9,992 passing yards and with his 304 yards today, he now has 10, 296 for his career. He became just the third quarterback in ACC history to reach that milestone. The others are Philip Rivers of NC State (13,484) and Thadeous Lewis of Duke (10,065). Both are currently in the NFL, Rivers with San Diego and Lewis with Buffalo.
* Boyd had one TD rushing and one passing and now has 112 for his career. He has tied the ACC record also held by Philip Rivers of N.C. State (2000-03).
* Boyd also went over the 11,000 yard mark in total offense. He needed just 52 yards of total offense to reach that mark, and he finished the game with 339. He now has 11,287 yards, and is just the second ACC player with at least 11,000 yards of total offense. The only player ahead of him is Philip Rivers, who had 13,582 yards between 2000-03 for NC State.
* The game was Boyd’s 35th consecutive start at quarterback for Clemson. The school record is 37 in a row by Charlie Whitehurst, 2002-05.
* Boyd is now 28-7 as a starting quarterback. He has the second most wins in school history, trailing only Rodney Williams, who had 32 from 1985-88. It was Boyd’s 19th career win in ACC play.
* Chandler Catanzaro moved into fourth place on the ACC career scoring list today with his 16 points (four field goals and three PATs). Catanzaro now has 367 career points. He moved ahead of Casey Barth of North Carolina (2008-12), who had 358 career points.
* Sammy Watkins had a school record 14 receptions for 163 yards. He broke the school record of 13 catches that was set last year by DeAndre Hopkins against Auburn and LSU. Watkins had 163 receiving yards, giving him 12 career 100-yard receiving games.
* Rod McDowell had his second career 100-yard rushing game with 30 carries for 161 yards. It was his career high in attempts and rushing yards. It was the most attempts in a game for a Clemson player since Travis Zachery had 31 attempts for 147 yards against NC State in 2000.
* Vic Beasley had another strip sack, his third of the year. He now has 10 sacks in 8 games.
* Spencer Shuey had his third fumble recovery of the year. He is the first Clemson player with three fumble recoveries in a season since 2008 when Brandon Maye had three.