Clemson Team Notes
* Clemson got the ball first, the 15th consecutive game the Tigers have gotten the ball first after the coin toss.
* Clemson is now 5-0 for the second time under Dabo Swinney. The Tigers were also 5-0 in 2011, the year the Tigers won the ACC championship.
* Clemson now has 13 consecutive wins by at least 10 points against unranked opponents, the second longest streak in the nation behind Alabama, which has 22 in a row.
* Clemson has now won three in a row in domed stadiums to go to 7-5 overall. Dabo Swinney is 3-0 in domed stadiums.
* This was Clemson’s 10th consecutive ACC victory.
* Clemson is now 5-0 in games on artificial turf with Tajh Boyd at quarterback.
* The 91-yard touchdown pass from Tajh Boyd to Sammy Watkins in the third period was the second longest play from scrimmage in Clemson history. The only one longer is a 97-yard pass from Mark Fellers to Craig Brantley against Virginia in 1974. It was the longest pass play for Boyd and longest catch from Watkins.
* Clemson broke the school record for passing yards in a game with 466 passing yards. The previous record was 433 against Wake Forest last year.
* This was Clemson’s first win in the state of New York. It is the 18th different state the Tigers have gained a victory.
* Clemson has held four consecutive opponents to 14 points or less, the first time Clemson has done that since 2000 when the first four opponents failed to score over 14.
* Clemson had four interceptions in a game for the first time since they had four against Florida State in 2009. It was the first time Clemson had at least four interceptions on defense on the road since the 1995 NC State game when the Tigers had six.