* Clemson had four sacks in the first quarter, the most by the Tigers in a quarter this year. Clemson’s high for the year for a game was five against Wake Forest. Clemson ended the night with six sacks, a season high and tied for the second most in a bowl game by the Clemson defense. The Clemson record for a bowl game is seven against Tennessee in the 2003 (season) Chick-fil-A Bowl.
* Clemson trailed 14-13 at halftime, the first time Clemson has trailed at the half this year.
* Clemson had one touchdown rushing and one receiving in the first half. Clemson has had at least one of each in every game this year and the streak is at 15 games in a row over two years.
* Clemson finished the year with 11 wins, just the fourth team in Clemson history with at least 11 wins. The others are the 1948 (11-0), 1978 (11-1) and 1981 (12-0) Clemson teams.
* LSU is the highest ranked team Clemson has beaten in a bowl game since the 2004 (2003 season) Chick-fil-A Bowl when Clemson defeated sixth ranked Tennessee, 27-14. Clemson is now 4-2 in bowl games against teams ranked seventh or better.
* Clemson trailed 24-13 entering the fourth period tonight, then came back to win 25-24. This is the first time Clemson has trailed going into the fourth quarter and came back to win a bowl game since 1959 Bluebonnet Bowl. That year Clemson trailed TCU 7-3 going into the fourth period, then scored 20 straight points to win 23-7. That TCU team, like tonight’s LSU team, was ranked seventh in the nation entering the game.
* This is the fifth win over a top 11 team for Dabo Swinney. He defeated a third ranked Virginia Tech team in the ACC Championship game and that was the highest ranked team he has defeated.
* LSU is the highest ranked SEC team Clemson has defeated since downing sixth ranked Tennessee in the 2004 Chick-fil-A Bowl.