Clemson's Dabo Swinney spent most of Friday afternoon with Montravius Adams and his family in Vienna, Ga., accompanied by assistant coaches Brent Venables, Dan Brooks and Robbie Caldwell. It will be Adams' final in-home visit before signing day.
Adams is taking an official visit to Auburn today, accompanied by his mother. He'll announce his decision on Wednesday at 9:45 a.m. on ESNU.
In other recruiting-related notes:
- Clemson will apparently not get a visit this weekend from 2013 quarterback Joshua Dobbs of Alpharetta, Ga. Dobbs is committed to Arizona State, but has been pursued recently by Clemson and Tennessee.
- During his trip to Texas this week, Chad Morris visited with 2015 quarterback Chason Virgil of West Mesquite, Texas, who was offered by Clemson last month. Virgil's teammate, 2014 defensive back Dylan Sumner-Gardner decommitted from Clemson last week in order to take other visits, but still has the Tigers high on his list.
- Defensive end Carl Lawson will choose among Clemson, Auburn and Tennessee. He's taking his official visit to Auburn, where he is committed, today. Lawson visited Georgia Tech - where his father player - earlier this week, after cancelling a scheduled official visit to North Carolina.
- Former Clemson running back target - 5-star Derrick Green of Richmond, Va. - has committed to Michigan. Clemson stopped recruiting Green after Tyshon Dye and Wayne Gallman committed.
- Both Clemson and South Carolina are hosting 'Junior Days' on Saturday. Among those visiting Columbia are Clemson targets Donnell Stanley, an offensive lineman from Latta, S.C.; Dexter Wideman, a defensive lineman from Saluda, S.C.; Andrew Williams, a defensive end from McDonough, Ga.; Naquez Pringle, a defensive lineman from Hemingway, S.C., Bryson-Allen Williams, a tight end from Ellenwood, Ga.; and Shaq Davidson, a wide receiver from Gaffney, S.C.
Clemson's visit list includes several of the Tigers' priority targets for 2014, including tight end-linebacker Kevin Crosby of Bamberg, S.C., quarterback DeShaun Watson of Gainesville, Ga., running back Elijah Hood of Charlotte, N.C., linebacker Raek'won McMillan of Hinesville, Ga., wide receiver Demarre Kitt of Tyrone, Ga., running back Jae'lon Oglesby of Central, S.C., defensive back Todd Kelly Jr. of Knoxville, Tenn., offensive lineman Taylor Hearn of Williston, S.C., linebacker Chris Register of Greensboro, N.C., and defensive lineman Andrew Brown of Chesapeake, Va.