The Arizona Cardinals finally got a long look at Andre Ellington in action on Saturday, and head coach Bruce Arians liked what he saw.
The former Clemson star scooted for a 24-yard gain on one running play and caught two passes for 15 yards, as the Cardinals beat Dallas 12-7.
"I thought he looked fantastic, just like the kid he's been in practice," said Arians of Ellington. "He's explosive, whether it's a run or pass. He gives us a speed, change of direction element to our backfield. He runs with pretty good power. He also pass-blocks pretty good. Andre made a good showing for himself."
Ellington had missed the Cardinals' preseason opener because of a neck injury.
Fellow rookie Jaron Brown had another productive game, as he caught two passes for 28 yards, including one 23-yarder. Brown led the Cardinals with four catches in their preseason opener against Green Bay.
Also around the league:
- Ricky Sapp had two tackles, including a quarterback sack, in the New York Jets' 37-13 victory over Jacksonville.
- Coty Sensabaugh made three stops in Tennessee's 27-19 loss to Cincinnati.
- Kavell Conner had eight tackles, including four solo stops and a tackle for loss, in Indianapolis' 20-12 win over the New York Giants.
- Chris Clemons had two tackles in Miami's 24-17 loss to Houston.
- Byron Maxwell made two stops for the Seahawks in their 40-10 rout of Denver.