As it heads into the Chick-fil-A Bowl against LSU, Clemson is within reach of numerous milestones and records:
Team Records In Reach
• Clemson needs 25 points to set the ACC record for points in a season. Florida State had 532 in 1995. Florida State needs just 14 points in the 2013 Orange Bowl to break this record as well.
• Clemson needs 369 total yards to set the ACC record. Clemson has 6,220 total yards and the record is 6,588 by Florida State in 2000.
• Clemson needs just seven first downs for the school season record. Clemson has 309 first downs and the record is 315, set in 2011.
• Clemson needs 115 rushing yards and 165 passing yards to become the first Clemson team with 4,000 passing yards and 2,500 rushing yards in one season.
• Clemson needs 118 passing yards for the school season record. It has 3,835 passing yards entering bowl game.
Individual Records & Milestones In Reach
• Tajh Boyd needs one passing touchdown to break the ACC mark for a season. He is tied for the mark with Philip Rivers (N.C. State), who had 34 in 2003.
• Tajh Boyd needs 279 passing yards to break his own single-season record of 3,828, set in 2011 when the Tigers played 14 games. He has 3,550 passing yards in 12 games in 2012.
• Tajh Boyd needs to pass for 200 yards to tie Charlie Whitehurst’s career record for 200-yard passing games. Whitehurst had 24 between 2002-05 and Boyd has 23.
• Tajh Boyd needs just five yards of total offense to break his own school record for a season. He has 4,042 total yards and the record is the 4,046 that he had in 14 games in 2011.