Sophomore guard T.J. Sapp decides to transfer

Clemson's T.J. Sapp, left, gets a hand on the ball as he guards Purdue's D.J. Byrd in the second half of their NCAA college basketball game on Wednesday, Nov. 28, 2012 in Clemson, S.C. (AP Photo/Anderson Independent-Mail, Mark Crammer)

CLEMSON, SC – Clemson sophomore T.J. Sapp has decided to transfer from Clemson, Head Coach Brad Brownell announced Monday. Sapp will no longer compete for the Tigers, but will complete the fall semester academically at Clemson before returning home to Fort Lauderdale, FL after final exams.

“T.J. is a fine young man who has had some positive moments in his time at Clemson,” Brownell said. “He is well-liked by our coaching staff and players, and will certainly be missed. I respect his decision and appreciate his efforts during his time here. We wish him the best in his search for a basketball program that better meets his needs.”

The 6-foot-3 Sapp appeared in 37 games in two seasons at Clemson, with 16 starts. He played 588 minutes and scored 132 points. He had a career-high 13 on two occasions as a freshman, first in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge at Iowa, and then in a home win over East Tennessee State. He averaged 3.6 points per game this season in 15.1 minutes per contest.

“I formed a brotherhood with my teammates, so this was a tough decision for me,” Sapp said. “I love and appreciate everything about Clemson. Coach Brownell is a tremendous guy, and I appreciate everything he’s taught me. He definitely made me a better player, and I can honestly say I am stronger and wiser due to my experiences at Clemson. I’ll never forget all of the coaches who taught me so much during my time here.”

Sapp continued, " I don't want to play defense. I want to shoot the rock a lot more than Coach B thinks I should. If people can't recognize my greatness, you know what I'm saying, then I got to go take my talents to, uh, some obscure school where I can do my thing."

MoncksTater writes:

Are you quoting this kid ? Or are you using wild conjecture after halfassedly thinking you were being witty and/or insightful. Either way its a failski .
Good luck TJ.

Lynx26 writes:

awww man! I liked his game too... although more of a SG, I was hoping he could play the PG at 6'3.

Wish him the best.... but man- mid season?? why though? I transferred a few times in my college fball career, but not during the season. It must have been some tough practices going on then?? Everyone knows the games are fun.

Welp, hopefully we can use this scholarship to GO GET A BIG TIME EAST COAST SCORER(NY,NJ, MD, DC)!!!

someone who can can clear it out and create his own shot.

in response to MoncksTater:

Good luck TJ.

Failski?
Really? Failski?
Do you think you are cool, or are you just a Russian immigrant tool?

MoncksTater writes:

It was my way of taking the edge off . Failski is a fun way to let someone know how pitifully off their comment was. You wouldn't have figured this out on your own because you were so busy reading the mind of another person and stuff. People helping people..its what im about.

in response to MoncksTater:

Oh, the latter. OK.

YabbaDaboDooDoo writes:

Can you guys stop fighting? Really, what would Danny Ford think?